Need help understanding functionality

Posted 9 months ago by Grant Noe

Post a topic
Answered
G
Grant Noe

Hi there,

I'm building a product configurator for a client of mine. I'm trying to figure out if Fancy Product Designer has the following features. 

His products are heavy in the use of "parts." Let's say you're building a bike. We'd use Fancy to upload multiple custom 3D files of various bike parts, and our clients would be able to make selections that add and remove different bike parts.

Please let me know:

• Can I add multiple custom 3D files to one instance of the configurator, and move them around until they're properly placed?
  • Same questions as above, but for materials/textures
  • Can I make it so that client selections add and remove (swap) various parts within the model?

If there is an article or video material for any of these, please send them. I searched in the Knowledge Base and couldn't find materials for them, but it's possible I'm just using the wrong terms to describe each feature.

Thank you!

0 Votes

FPD Helper

FPD Helper posted 9 months ago Best Answer

Hello Grant Noe, 

Unfortunately, what you've mentioned is not possible to get. But if you use both "Fancy Product Designer" and "Multistep Product Configurator" together, then you can get something that allows you to switch elements. 

Read the following topic it might help you. Thanks

Using MSPC with Fancy Product Designer
https://support.fancyproductdesigner.com/support/solutions/articles/5000585017-using-mspc-with-fancy-product-designer

0 Votes

1 Comments

FPD Helper

FPD Helper posted 9 months ago Answer

Hello Grant Noe, 

Unfortunately, what you've mentioned is not possible to get. But if you use both "Fancy Product Designer" and "Multistep Product Configurator" together, then you can get something that allows you to switch elements. 

Read the following topic it might help you. Thanks

Using MSPC with Fancy Product Designer
https://support.fancyproductdesigner.com/support/solutions/articles/5000585017-using-mspc-with-fancy-product-designer

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment