Have same text that "syncs" to the main text

Posted about 1 year ago by Johan Rheeder

Post a topic
Answered
J
Johan Rheeder

Hey guys,

We have a set of labels that we would like to have only one text box to be editable (parent text box) and the rest of the text boxes (3 more "child" text boxes) to "sync" to the whatever is entered into the parent box. How do we go about achieving this

1 Votes

FPD Helper

FPD Helper posted about 1 year ago Best Answer

Yes, you guys can get it done as Tusif has explained.

To accomplish that first you'll have to define a text link group. In your case, you have 4 text boxes so you'll have to enter the same text link value for all text layers including the parent & children. Then for children, you'll have to disable editable by going to the text tab one by one while you are inside the product builder. 

0 Votes

5 Comments

Sorted by
T

Tausif posted about 1 year ago

Hi Angie Hill,

I believe you must be viewing these inside the UI. The way I have setup is a bit different, As you can see the UI is cleaned, there is no top bar (removed using CSS) & text input fields are placed using shortcode. 

If you can share the link to your webpage then I can assist you better. Maybe I can provide you a code to setup everything.

0 Votes

A

Angie Hill posted about 1 year ago

Thank you for posting Tausif.  I set up a text link group but all 4 instances appear on the side bar with 3 of them not editable but still visible. I can't seem to hide them.  I'll take a closer look at your example and try again.  I appreciate your help Tausif!

0 Votes

FPD Helper

FPD Helper posted about 1 year ago Answer

Yes, you guys can get it done as Tusif has explained.

To accomplish that first you'll have to define a text link group. In your case, you have 4 text boxes so you'll have to enter the same text link value for all text layers including the parent & children. Then for children, you'll have to disable editable by going to the text tab one by one while you are inside the product builder. 

0 Votes

T

Tausif posted about 1 year ago

Hi,

If I understood correctly what you are trying to accomplish is something like I have done a long time ago for a client
https://www.store.ellierosepartydesigns.com/product/skye-everest-juice-pouch-capri-sun-labels-customized/

0 Votes

A

Angie Hill posted about 1 year ago

I would also like to figure this out.

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment