Mixing 'Customization Required' and Non-Customizable Variations of Products in WooCommerce

Posted over 2 years by David Atkinson

Post a topic
Answered
D
David Atkinson

The functionality exists to make customization either required or not required for Simple Products in WooCommerce. However this setting cannot be changed for each variation of a product and the FPD product designer doesn't seem to be overridden and prevented from displaying for certain variations.

I must assign a Fancy Product to a WooCommerce product in order for the product designer to appear on the product page when a variation is selected, the problem is that not all variations of a product are customizable.

I must also ensure that when a customer selects a customizable product, that they do in-fact customize it before adding it to their cart, so the option to show the Add to Cart button only after FPD customization has occurred is also checked.

Therefore, if a customer selects a non-customized variation of a WooCommerce product, they cannot add it to their cart as FPD needs it to be customized before this can happen, and I cannot turn this option off (either at product-level or globally) as it risks customers selecting customized product variations (which have additional pack-sized based surcharges) but neglecting to customize them.

I need the option to have a mix of FDP-customizable product variations and non-customizable variations of the same WooCommerce product.

Am I missing something in the settings, or is this really not feasible with the plugin as it works currently?

0 Votes

rady kal

rady kal posted over 2 years Admin Best Answer

no, you can only set customization required either for all or for specific WooCommerce products. But you can not enable or disable it for each variation. 

0 Votes

1 Comments

rady kal

rady kal posted over 2 years Admin Answer

no, you can only set customization required either for all or for specific WooCommerce products. But you can not enable or disable it for each variation. 

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment