On Wordpress Plugin - Open the custom image upload box

Posted almost 6 years ago by Richard Rodriguez

Post a topic
Answered
R
Richard Rodriguez

Ok, so when you add an upload zone, on the front end you can upload an image and a box to upload it pops up(see attached image). My question is, is there a way I can open this same box from outside the stage? So for example, I create a button outside the stage named "replace image", and then the upload box popups. Is there an API or function I can use to do that? Please let me know as my client wants to have the button to upload custom images elsewhere and not on the stage.

Thanks in advance

0 Votes

rady kal

rady kal posted almost 6 years ago Admin Best Answer

My question is, is there a way I can open this same box from outside the stage?

-> You don't need the API to do that. You can also adapt that in the UI Composer. 

Ok, a quick update. I was able to fund out how to open it. Now, is there a way I can replace an already existing image? Like, with normal uplaod zones, if I click over the upload zone and then the box pops up, if I choose an image, it will replace whichever image I had on the upload zone. Is there a way to get that same effect?

-> You can't replace single images. What you could do instead is creating a bounding box and force images to be inside. If this solution is usable for you depends on your project (Do you need several images replaced or only one?)

https://jquerydoc.fancyproductdesigner.com/

-> will be updated soon

1 Votes

6 Comments

Sorted by
R

Rukhsana posted 2 months ago

Hi, How did you achieve it to upload an image with a custom button from outside the stage? I am also trying hard to find the solution but still unable to find it. I am not aware of so much coding. So could you please give me solution 

0 Votes

m

manoj kirar posted over 3 years ago

upload images use from post attachment image..

0 Votes

R

Richard Rodriguez posted almost 6 years ago

Thank you for your reply. Ok, so this is what I am trying to achieve. I have a business card that has text on it and then an image, which is a logo. I have been able to find a way to edit the text from outside, meaning, I am doing my own input text fields outside the canvas. So now, when a user fills out the fields, it will also change the text inside the canvas. Now, my issue is the logo image. I can create a an input field and replace the image, but obviously is not what I want, since this will require the image to be hosted elsewhere and then provide the link on the field in order to replace it. With that said, I did noticed that, if you add an "Upload Zone", it has a replaceable image that, if you click on it ON the canvas, it opens up a box where you can upload an image and replace it. This is exactly what I need, but from the outside as well. So for example, add a button that says "Replace Logo", and then then open up that same upload box and replace the image. So I have a new question, is there a way to send parameters to that box? Like, when a button is clicked, pass in some parameters? Again, I am attaching an image on how the upload box that I am talking about looks like. This is really the last step in order to finish the functionality I am looking for.

0 Votes

rady kal

rady kal posted almost 6 years ago Admin Answer

My question is, is there a way I can open this same box from outside the stage?

-> You don't need the API to do that. You can also adapt that in the UI Composer. 

Ok, a quick update. I was able to fund out how to open it. Now, is there a way I can replace an already existing image? Like, with normal uplaod zones, if I click over the upload zone and then the box pops up, if I choose an image, it will replace whichever image I had on the upload zone. Is there a way to get that same effect?

-> You can't replace single images. What you could do instead is creating a bounding box and force images to be inside. If this solution is usable for you depends on your project (Do you need several images replaced or only one?)

-> will be updated soon

1 Votes

R

Question, for anyone that may know. Is the list of APIs in here updated:

I ask because, I been trying some functions in there, but they don't work. Note: I am using the Wordpress version of the plugin.

0 Votes

R

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment