Bounding box with transparent PNG

Posted over 7 years ago by Simon Paterson

Post a topic
Answered
S
Simon Paterson

Hi there

I've read pretty much all the existing threads about bounding boxes but can't seem to get my final answer.

I have a product that we only want customers to be able to design on the bottom half of. The bottom half isn't quite a rectangle (see attached pic).

Can I use this transparent PNG as the bounding box?

I'm sure I've set all the options correctly, just not sure even possible.

Thanks

Simon

0 Votes

D

Deleted Agent posted over 7 years ago Best Answer

If you use another element as bounding box target, then the bounding box will still be a rectangle surrounding it (as bounding boxes can only be rectangles). You could use a masking layer (not modifyable layer that is set to stay on top, with a transparent area where you want your customers to be able to edit), for an example you can take a look at the pin-demo.

0 Votes

2 Comments

Sorted by
l

lixandro cordero posted over 6 years ago

the pin demo doesnt work for me, i cant  move objects or text once i use the on top thingy, and its driving me mad. the image will go centered and wont move or resize

0 Votes

D

Deleted Agent posted over 7 years ago Answer

If you use another element as bounding box target, then the bounding box will still be a rectangle surrounding it (as bounding boxes can only be rectangles). You could use a masking layer (not modifyable layer that is set to stay on top, with a transparent area where you want your customers to be able to edit), for an example you can take a look at the pin-demo.

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment