Layering 101 help

Posted almost 8 years ago by Colleen Reid

Post a topic
Answered
C
Colleen Reid

Hey,

So sorry if I've missed this in the documentation, I did have a look but I need help way back to the basics of which layers I need to create in photoshop before setting up the products. I'm looking to make up a circular dog tag that people can change colour, add text and add their own image (image attached). Struggling with layers and bounding boxes.

I read on here the bounding box can't be circular - I saw a topic on here that said that wasn't possible but referred the person to the pin badge demo saying masking would do the job. What is masking? How do I do that?

Basically, if I could have a 101 walk through of which layers make up the pin badge and settings for them I'd be really grateful!

http://fancyproductdesigner.com/product/bagde-pin/ 

Alternatively, if you offer an install service, I'd really like to know about that! I'm not the best Photoshop whizz. 

0 Votes

D

Deleted Agent posted almost 8 years ago Best Answer

You can load the pin demo in your product builder to see which layers it uses.

A masking layer is basically a .png image with a transparent area cut out through which the product displays. The mask is set to be always on top (in the builder, modifications tab).

0 Votes

4 Comments

Sorted by
rady kal

rady kal posted over 4 years ago Admin

Which one is more convenient depends on your product setup. Using a mask you can clip everything else than the actual product. Using a bounding box you can add a rectangle area (or use semi transparent pngs as overlay) where customers can upload different images. 

0 Votes

R

Rodney Beaton posted over 4 years ago

Hello.  Can someone please tell me what the difference is between a mask and a bounding box.  I used a transparent .png as a bounding box element.  Is this a mask?   And if so, what is a mask vs a bounding box?  Thank you

0 Votes

C

Colleen Reid posted almost 8 years ago

Thanks Johnny, that's massively helpful. I thought there was only a t-shirt demo but just found the others - thanks!

0 Votes

D

Deleted Agent posted almost 8 years ago Answer

You can load the pin demo in your product builder to see which layers it uses.

A masking layer is basically a .png image with a transparent area cut out through which the product displays. The mask is set to be always on top (in the builder, modifications tab).

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment