Bug in product page load in 3.0.1

Posted about 8 years ago by Jeremy Aaron Horland

Post a topic
Answered
J
Jeremy Aaron Horland

A new bug has emerged only in 3.0.1 which was not in previous versions.

When loaded directly from a full URL, and not from a link, pages load entirely blank.

This only happens from full URL and does not happen from link.

This also happens when a page is "reloaded" or "Super-reloaded" and then randomly every 3rd to 5th time will then work.

Page reads at location bar as done, and not pending or loading.

This is true across recent mac OS X releases, in safari -and- in firefox, indicating the possibility of cross-platform error.

This is also possibly a "critical" error.

There is no corresponding error in the server log to indicate a server-side problem.

Page appears complete in inspector and developer environments, and I see no javascript errors in the debug consoles.

Can anyone else confirm this error?

0 Votes

J

Jeremy Aaron Horland posted about 8 years ago Best Answer

This error can be solved, as a few others, by updating php and re-compiling -ALL- php modules after.

for versions :

5.4 should be at least  5.4.35

5.5 should be at least 5.5.19

5.6 should be at least 5.6.3

versions prior to this are vulnerable to "zend_mm_heap corrupted after memory overflow in zend_hash_copy" error.

The tell-tale sign of this error can be seen in mod_php mode but not in FastCGI which "hides" this error behind a generic.

In your error logs you will see : 

zend_mm_heap corrupted, referer: https://www.youcookie.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=fpd_ui_layout_composer

Premature end of script headers: php5.cgi, referer: https://www.youcookie.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=fpd_ui_layout_composer

If you do not have access to re-compile PHP, please contact your host service provider.

0 Votes

8 Comments

Sorted by
J

Jeremy Aaron Horland posted about 8 years ago Answer

This error can be solved, as a few others, by updating php and re-compiling -ALL- php modules after.

for versions :

5.4 should be at least  5.4.35

5.5 should be at least 5.5.19

5.6 should be at least 5.6.3

versions prior to this are vulnerable to "zend_mm_heap corrupted after memory overflow in zend_hash_copy" error.

The tell-tale sign of this error can be seen in mod_php mode but not in FastCGI which "hides" this error behind a generic.

In your error logs you will see : 

zend_mm_heap corrupted, referer: https://www.youcookie.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=fpd_ui_layout_composer

Premature end of script headers: php5.cgi, referer: https://www.youcookie.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=fpd_ui_layout_composer

If you do not have access to re-compile PHP, please contact your host service provider.

0 Votes

J

Jeremy Aaron Horland posted about 8 years ago

One more interesting facet of this error --  sometimes the page loads with all of the scripts and CSS in place and no errors, simply an empty "body" -- but no error in the error log.

This indicates a possible logical/php component to this error as well.

0 Votes

J

Once again I am unable to reproduce this error.  This also happened earlier today, leading me to suspect it was solved.

There have been no changes on the server environment, and no seemingly related errors.

I am unable to entirely rule out server error, however the errors I do see here and there cannot be directly attributed to the case of pages not loading correctly.

As this error clears up with browser refreshes, I am still leaning toward browser / JS / CSS error somewhere, but cannot yet pin this down.

If this continues I'd like to take this from community discussion to repair ticket.

0 Votes

J

Okay, all issues -other- than this one are cleared up, however this one persists.  

It can be re-created every time by using a fresh un-cached browser and going to a page with a "customize" button - the first click, you see this error, where most of the page loads as "display : none;" in CSS.

If you go by either link or direct URL, the page loads as blank.  If you reload, sometimes a few times, the page loads.  After a page loads, it tends to keep loading.

the second or sometimes third time you click it goes away.

All server issues from other threads have been resolved, there is no corresponding server error log or core file.  At this point, I can rule out server error.  All resources requested by this page have loaded and completed in the web inspector. There are no missing page resources, only slight malformations in CSS leading to pages loading with resources set to not display.

This error as above, persists through reboots in apache, browsers, and local OSs.   

The problem is across all Mac OS's tested, across safari, firefox, and chrome.   I will test Windows environments tomorrow, but suspect this will be cross-platform.

The errors repeat as above, across all browsers.  Unexpected tokens and invalid CSS.   Do I have a bad set of files?  Any ideas where to start debugging?

Sorry to be so verbose, have spent the day playing with release 3.0.1 --  want to see this working 100%, it's a great product.

0 Votes

J

With no matching error in the logs however, I am stuck with the possibility that the apache graceful restart was what cleared this up, fastcgi has a way of not seeing every change made in an update.

A note to Fcgi users -- reboot apache if "weirdness" happens.

0 Votes

J

This issue appears to have cleared up with an apache graceful reboot and may have been due to Fast cgi alloc / memory issue addressed in previous thread.

0 Votes

J

Further testing now indicates that this happens from links as well as from direct URL.

This is happening 8 out 10 times the page is loaded and now qualifies as an entirely critical bug.  

This bug is persistent throughout cache cleanings, reloads, browser quits, and reboots.

This happens on multiple OSx macs and on both safari and in firefox.

0 Votes

J

Continued investigation --  All the items are there in the inspector, not appearing on page.

This is because every item in the inspector's reach is marked "display:none" in the css.

There are no red errors in the debugger, but I am seeing between 19-27 "warns" on each failed load.

Warns are as follows :

[Warning] Unexpected CSS token: : (font-awesome.min.css, line 4)

[Warning] Invalid CSS property declaration at: ; (style.css, line 939)

[Warning] Invalid CSS property declaration at: * (style.css, line 1364)

[Warning] Invalid CSS property declaration at: * (FancyProductDesigner-all.min.css, line 1)

[Warning] Invalid CSS property declaration at: * (FancyProductDesigner-all.min.css, line 1)

[Warning] Unexpected CSS token: : (FancyProductDesigner-all.min.css, line 1)

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment