A more realistic take on the preview feature for 3D products

Posted over 4 years ago by Alexandre John Emmanuel LOPIS

Post a topic
Implemented
A
Alexandre John Emmanuel LOPIS

I would like to contribute an idea about the preview feature.

I sell mugs, water bottles and other round objets. My problem with those products and product designers in general is that if i choose to present them reallistically - meaning with a view of the left side of the mug/bottle and another of the right side (like with your template) - the user looses the ability to place a single large image or a collage that they would want to span the whole width of the product. I chose for those circular objects to go with a flat editing layout, so now the preview feature is of no use to me as it does not represent the state of a final, customized product.

My suggestion - if feasible - is that once the user is ready to preview their work, the design will be divided/cut into 2 sections (could also be 3 or more sections depending on the needs - and in that case, the divisions could overlap as well). Each section would be overlayed on a preselected image background that would represent the left and right side (and center view, etc) of the product, with proportions
, scale and bounds previously set on essentially an upload zone. It could have the option to remove select layers (like the blueprint to the mug's design) before doing this.

Going even further i think that a warp mask could be applied to each half of the custom design's placeholders/upload zones, kind of like a smart objet in photoshop - and depending on how the warp is set by the user, the design could appear as if it's really following the shape of the product.

Lastly, in order to make it perfect, user would be able to assign a blend mode to the design's placeholder. It would really seal the realism and let the lighting effect and material of the background preview image show through the design, as if it was really printed on it. This would be great even for flat products.

I hope this can (and will) be done or at least considered, because i haven't seen any product customizer try to effectively solve the problem of non flat products. And i think this would be a great implementation of 3D previewing.

Thank you for your time

9 Votes

22 Comments

Sorted by
S

Stefan Epure posted about 1 year ago

Hi regarding the above, i am currently working with someone to create my own 3d models for the products i sell, problem i have is we are creating the fbx model as per instructions here.

https://support.fancyproductdesigner.com/support/solutions/articles/13000083363-install-and-setup-3d-models-for-3d-preview

the models show in  the 3d view but the print dose not show on the actual model wont display on it . 

i have so far managed to rule out my config.json and the enviroment_map.hdr as cause of the issue  also it is not the print size as if i upload a fancy product fbx with my configs the designs appears on your product. 

There is a missing instruction from what you provide us with because issue is definitely the model we created but that is created with your specification.  Has anyone got this far creating your own models or has anyone succesfuly created their own models that can give us an idea?

0 Votes

rady kal

rady kal posted about 3 years ago Admin

@OLGA You find all 3D models links to purchase here.

https://fancyproductdesigner.com/features/3d-preview/

0 Votes

O

OLGA posted about 3 years ago

Hi! i need to buy one custom 3d Model . Where i need to write to buy it?
Thanks

0 Votes

rady kal

You can add your own 3D models if you know how to create 3D model in a 3D Modelling software. Therefore I recommend to buy one of our example and see how the model is built in order the design from the product designer is applied to the correct position in the 3D model.

0 Votes

f

flax250 posted about 3 years ago

The same here, the ability to upload the 3D models yourself would be perfect, even paying a surcharge as an add-on.

0 Votes

M

Marco posted about 3 years ago

Thank you for the reply Rady. What is the cost for each 3D model, and how long will it take to get each one made?

0 Votes

C

Christian Heller posted about 3 years ago

the same here...... 

0 Votes

M

Maarten Schraven posted about 3 years ago

so you can't make your own models? I like the feature but it is useless if you can not make your own models. Why not make a tutorial how to make them? I get this is an extra income, but the items you now have are not what I want, maybe Caps, Shirts, Picture Frames. Maybe a good idea to make automatic mockups too? I also sell wallpaper, maybe a mockup tool to put the designs on the wall? Look if I sell mugs, it is never 360 there is always 2cm white gap. But the mugs I sell are higher so I can't use your 3d models.  

0 Votes

C

how long time and how much? 

0 Votes

rady kal

You can not change the print area position in the 3D model, therefore the model has to be changed individually and this can only be done in a custom paid job.

0 Votes

C

in the json data is just the text to edit. i would need 188x97mm as printarea. but a 25mm rim from the handle away.

0 Votes

C

so far looks pretty good. how can i change the print area on the cup? some i print rimless others not. to the handle i need 2,5cm space. how to setup? the printarea dont change anything.

0 Votes

rady kal

rady kal posted over 3 years ago Admin

If you need own 3D models, we can create these for you in a paid job.

0 Votes

M

Marco posted over 3 years ago

Is it possible to add our own 3D models? If not, could you offer 3D models for canvas prints in several (US - inches) sizes?

I would like to have a 3D or fixed perspective preview of canvas prints similar to this site, but let customers design them with their own images: https://fineartamerica.com/featured/3d-rendering-of-triceratops-horridus-in-herschel-hoffmeyer.html?product=canvas-printimage

0 Votes

rady kal

The option is located in the product options (Products backend) and not in the view options. Also explained here: https://support.fancyproductdesigner.com/support/solutions/articles/13000083363-install-and-setup-3d-models-for-3d-preview

0 Votes

D

Dino Roger Molayoli Gonzalez posted over 3 years ago

I have updated the latest version of FPD 4.5.5, I bought the 3d mug, I created the folder in the wp-content / uploads / fpd_3d / cup directory, as indicated in https://fancyproductdesigner.com/features/3d-preview /.

And the option that should appear in the product configuration does not appear: drop-down to select the 3D model that you would like to display with the FPD product.

Does this happen to someone else?

Attached image of individual product customizer without 3d option

0 Votes

C

Christian Heller posted over 3 years ago

0 Votes

C

hej. which demo? at backend demo downloads i cant find or testing any online-demo i also cant find anything?

0 Votes

M

Maarten Schraven posted over 3 years ago

How can you make your own 3D models? 

0 Votes

rady kal

@Christian I just uploaded the 3D models, now you can test it in the demo as well.

0 Votes

C

great! but i wanted to try. at backend i found the placement selection at settings. but nothing at the product and also at frontend i cant find any option. so how to setup?

0 Votes

rady kal

Added in V4.5.5

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment