Bulk Order Discounts / Tiered Pricing / Dynamic Pricing

Posted almost 5 years ago by Luke Breen

Post a topic
Implemented
L
Luke Breen

In most cases, companies who offer printing services will be willing to offer a discount when a customer buys bulk quantities of the same design printed on various sizes of the same product type.

Currently the Fancy Product Designer "Plus" add-on allows customers to create a bulk order of a single design, but this doesn't integrate with WooCommerce Variations, which makes it unsuitable as soon as "Stock" or "Pricing Based On Variations" are taken into account. I'm aware of the "WooCommerce Bulk Variations" plugin that has been created to resolve this issue, but there is still no way to offer discounts based on the number of items that a customer orders.

Adding this functionality to the Fancy Product Designer would allow businesses to scale up and help existing customers grow online.

Note: I'm adding this here as I can only see a linked topic in the discussions section of support.

13 Votes

10 Comments

Sorted by
M

Manuel Congosto posted about 1 month ago

I'm sorry to see that the only way to add a native bulk discount is to do it at a variation level. I don't even use variations since all sizes/color have the same price. I thought variations were made with FPD, not woo. 

I'm sure most of us use the same discount for all variations. It's about quantity, not variations.

At this point is much easier to use a simple bulk discount plugin like WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing & Discounts and place a label in product detail like "Add to cart to see discount"

Not ideal, though.

0 Votes

V

Verne Hoge posted over 3 years ago

An option to display the total discount l would be a nice feature as well

0 Votes

V

Verne Hoge posted over 3 years ago

I agree it would be useful to set discounts on the parent item level. 

1 Votes

S

Shannon Graham posted about 4 years ago

I agree with Luke - having to manually adjust each variation with discount rules is quite a bit of work.  If it was possible to set the pricing discounts on the parent item, that then also auto populates the data to the variations that would be great.  To put this into perspective, one of my products has 45 variations (sizes and colours).  This would take a long time to complete for each variation in each of my products.

1 Votes

L

Luke Breen posted about 4 years ago

Hi there, this is great news. Thanks for your work on this. It is clearly going to be a popular feature, however...

It would seem that you've only allowed the discounts to be applied on a variation level. In my experience printers are happy to provide the discount across variations, especially sizes.

Please can you allow us to add a discount to the total product price based on the total quantity selected of each product?

1 Votes

rady kal

rady kal posted about 4 years ago Admin

A long wanted feature is now available in V1.1.0 of WooCommerce Bulk Variations: You can define custom discount rules for every variation and it is fully compatible with Fancy Product Designer.

Demo: https://fancyproductdesigner.com/product/shopping-bag/

Help article: https://support.fancyproductdesigner.com/support/solutions/articles/13000071168-defining-discount-rules

0 Votes

M

Mark Jermyn posted over 4 years ago

This would be a great addition!

0 Votes

A

Adewale Bello posted over 4 years ago

Yes, this will be a fantastic feature. Most efficient pricing model for a printing business is to enable multi-level bulk purchases. So please, we hope to see it implemented real soon

0 Votes

L

Luke Breen posted over 4 years ago

Hi there. Please could I have an update on this feature request? 

It's absolutely vital that I find a way to incorporate Tiered Pricing for bulk orders in one way or another.

Currently as there is no way to do this using any of the Extensions or Addons, I will need to incorporate something that adds the discount to my customer's basket. This will mean that all prices on the Fancy Product Pages will be wrong and will need to be hidden. Obviously, I'd rather that this didn't happen, so please could you let me know if you plan to incorporate this feature any time soon?

0 Votes

J

Judy Ward posted almost 5 years ago

I would find this really useful - absolutely vital for an online printing business

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment