Templates not loading

Posted almost 9 years ago by Fabian Kaempfer

Post a topic
Answered
F
Fabian Kaempfer

I cannot load templates into the Fancy Product Designer. After I select a template from the demo list, the loading button just keeps spinning. I tried it locally on an apache server and everything was working fine. Now on the live server (nginx) we are running into this problem. Any clues?

1 Votes

G

Gerard Haughey posted almost 9 years ago Best Answer

Hi Sophie, many thanks for taking the time to help me, much appreciated. I have increased the memory as suggested and indeed I have got the template system to work. However, it only works with simple designs. If the product has a number of views and a number of elements (like my products do), the system cannot deal with this. Pity, as my products are quite similar but I will have to build from scratch. It's a brilliant plugin though, I am very pleased with it.
Thanks again - Gerard
Link:- http://www.yourbabythankyoucards.ie/product/flower-petal/

0 Votes

25 Comments

Sorted by
josef weslley batista dos santos

josef weslley batista dos santos posted almost 6 years ago

I'm really having trouble

0 Votes

josef weslley batista dos santos

josef weslley batista dos santos posted almost 6 years ago

Estou realmente tendo problemas

0 Votes

m

monica wong posted over 8 years ago

I have updated 2.2.0 and still didn't work.

Anyone got the solution? The spinning button is driving me crazy

0 Votes

G

Gerard Haughey posted over 8 years ago

Hello Monica,

In the last few days there has been an update to the plugin which I have installed. Much to my delight - the template system seems to be working for me now! Try the upgrade and see how you get on.

0 Votes

m

monica wong posted over 8 years ago

Hi Fabian & Gerard,

Did you guys solved the problem yet?

My memory limit is large enough but still got this issue.

I have changed themes for testing so I am sure it's not about the theme.

I have tested downgrading the designer. But it still didn't work. Not about upgrade problem too.

It is an awesome plugin but it is very frustrating when you cannot use it.

Many thanks.

Monica

0 Votes

m

mm shepherd posted over 8 years ago

i'm curious how you control the views to be above in the bar horizontally and not vertically. Step 1-View 1; Step 2-View2; Step 3-View 3

0 Votes

a

alexus posted over 8 years ago

No its not. Its just a views with a little customization

0 Votes

m

mm shepherd posted over 8 years ago

Gerard,

about the link you sent to Sophie...

http://www.yourbabythankyoucards.ie/product/flower-petal/?start_customizing=yes

are you also integrating the Multistep Product Configurator?

many thanks for this thread, trying to address all these issues with no luck and the developer no on vacation until 8 August :/

mmshepherd

0 Votes

G

Gerard Haughey posted almost 9 years ago

I updated but still have the same problem. The template system only works for the most basic of templates. I also tried this 'work around':- I set up a fancy product and added elements as if it was a template. I exported the product with the hope of importing it as a new product - but I cannot seem to do this either and the error message I get back states that I am not using the correct file type (but I am)!

This plugin is really really good and I am sure in time the developer will address these issues.

0 Votes

S

Stephanie Kunder posted almost 9 years ago

The developer updated the plugin with a fix for this issue, however I'm having problems after I edit the copies. It never loads the Customization button so you can't access the editor. Quite annoying. 

0 Votes

S

Nada for a solution. I was just told he doesn't have time to look into the problem (and others I have found) and he'd look at it maybe for the next update.

0 Votes

S

My issue is similar. I only have 2 views and a total of 10 layers and can't get it to work properly.

0 Votes

G

Hi Stephanie, my test found that I could create a template from a very simple product but not from a product with three views, image placement on each view and a number of editable text regions on each view. I would be very interested to hear if you make any progress.

Good luck - Gerard

0 Votes

S

I too have this issue and the adjustment in wp-config didn't resolve it. I have opened up a ticket about it and am waiting a response.

0 Votes

G

Hi Sophie, many thanks for taking the time to help me, much appreciated. I have increased the memory as suggested and indeed I have got the template system to work. However, it only works with simple designs. If the product has a number of views and a number of elements (like my products do), the system cannot deal with this. Pity, as my products are quite similar but I will have to build from scratch. It's a brilliant plugin though, I am very pleased with it.
Thanks again - Gerard

0 Votes

G

Gerard Haughey posted almost 9 years ago Answer

Thanks again - Gerard

0 Votes

G

Hi Sophie, yes I have increased memory and my site is hosted on a premium hosting account (not shared). I got the template system working but only for very simple products which do not feature many individual text elements. The way I have product set means that there are quite a few text elements within each view and the system does not seem to cope well with this! Pity, I will have to build each product individually it would seem.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Gerard

0 Votes

G

Have increased memory to 256M and still no luck :(

0 Votes

S

Sophie Marquise posted almost 9 years ago

https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php this may help you. for me was 256 on local environnement. best

0 Votes

S

This may help you : https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php For me was 256 on local environnement. Best

0 Votes

S

For me was 256mb on local environnement. you need to test to se What is the best for you, this may help you : https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php ;)

0 Votes

G

Hi Sophie and thanks for your response. I am not a developer but have a little knowledge of playing with back end files. Is it just a case of opening the wp-config and changing the memory usage, could I ask you what amount of memory do you recommend putting here.

Many thanks and regards - Gerard

0 Votes

S

It was a problem with the allowed memory usage in wp-config. you need to increase it and then the problem is solved ;)

0 Votes

G

Hi, same problem here. Any solutions guys?

Thanks.

0 Votes

S

Hi, I have the same problem here. Impossible to load demo content online or offline... Did you find a solution?

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment