Welcome to the support center for

Fancy Product Designer & Multistep Product Configurator

!! Describe your printing technique based on Fancy Product Designer !!

To better understand the industry and the printing techniques that you are using with Fancy Product Designer, it would be very helpful for us when you take a short time and answer followings questions. Thank you!!

• What kind of products are you selling with Fancy Product Designer?
  • Name the printing technique needed for your product range (e.g. DTG, Screen Printing etc.)!
  • Which image formats (svg, png, jpeg) are you using for this printing technique?
  • Which pricing calculation is commonly used for this printing technique, e.g. price per color?
  • Which output file and requirements are needed for the printing technique (e.g. PDF: 300DPI, Format A1-5)?
Greetings Cards, Posters and Banners for now. In future T-shirts and Clothing. Digital Laser Print up to SRA3 (450x320mm) Pricing per job not colour. 300dpi minimum. A3, A4 and up to 380x1320mm
Personalised greeting cards mainly. Printed digitally on SRA3 stock. I do not use FPD to generate final artwork. I use it for reference only and to collect personalised text and photos from customers. FPD is a brilliant web to print solution but it is very limited when creating personalised products on a mobile phone and most of my customers use mobile phones!! The user interface for mobile to me is FBD's 'achilles heel' and would be the only issue that leaves me looking at other web to print options.

Using FPD for e-Cards :)

• Wedding Invitations, wedding stationery, wedding cards, wall art prints
  • Flat laser printing, hot stamping, letterpress
  • PNG, JPG
  • JOB/QTY
  • PDF 300DPI (A3 MAX)

Gerard you seem to be in the same boat as I am.

I have limited a lot of the mobile functions on my site using css (Currently still under construction) but take a look.

I am fairly new to FPD and would be interested to see your site too and see how you do things.

Mysite

• Selling t-shirts, sweat shirts, polo's, etc.
  • Using it for Screen Printing, embroidery, heat transfers and working on laser engraving.
  • Use only vector art, but if I need to convert raster to vector I use a site called vector magic, or I use illustrator to convert to vector art.
  • With screen printing it's per color and you get a discount based on the shirt quantity. Embroidery is based on stitch count or image size. Heat Transfer is usually a set price based on size of the image. I attached my price sheet if you want a idea of screen printing pricing. This is a common format in the USA.
  • PDF, Vector

We use DTG, CAD Cut vinyl and digital eco solvent print, all for t-shirts bags etc

.ai, .eps and PDF

We need an editable, downloadable file, that has layers, with all text and vector layers should editable with embedded fonts and any clip art or uploaded images and photos on separate layers. Otherwise as a printer its not really possible for us to use or recreate the files that buyers create

I am yet to see the pricing structure for this new feature but i fear it will stop us using this plugin or not purchasing it! We cant use it at the moment because if i buyer adds some text and a photo, we havent got an editable file to work from. I.e we can download an SGV but it wont have the uploaded image in it, so we would be stuffed :) We could cut the text as it would be in vector format but would have to use a screenshot print for the image, and that would be pixelated and low quality

• What kind of products are you selling with Fancy Product Designer?
  • Digital designs which end user can sent to printer; flyers, invitations and so on
  • Name the printing technique needed for your product range (e.g. DTG, Screen Printing etc.)!
  • 3rd party (need for clients to be able to get a printer friendly version
  • Which image formats (svg, png, jpeg) are you using for this printing technique?
  • JPEG, and PDF 
  • Which pricing calculation is commonly used for this printing technique, e.g. price per color?
  • B&W or Color, Paper stock, size, number of copies
  • Which output file and requirements are needed for the printing technique (e.g. PDF: 300DPI, Format A
  • Size is custom, non-typical or standard, PDF 

Extra Notes:
  • Would be amazing for clients to download a 300dpi print ready file
  • Have the ability to control what clients can download, for digital or print (png, jepg, or 300 dpi pdf)

Laser Cut and Engraved Cake Toppers

We use a Laser Cutter to cut out peoples designs

We use svg formats to set up the cut file

Price depends on size and material being cut/engraved

Mostly our designs are a4 and a5, but we also use custom sizes.  Using svg, so resolution not so important.

About to launch custom stickers site

Printing with medium format digital printer

We print from a PDF file

Price depends on size

Designs are best printed at 300dpi, but 150dpi is acceptable

- What kind of products are you selling with Fancy Product Designer? T-shirt, polo shirt, hoodie, etc - Name the printing technique needed for your product range (e.g. DTG, Screen Printing etc.)! Screen printing, embroidery, sublim, etc - Which image formats (svg, png, jpeg) are you using for this printing technique? Jpeg or png - Which pricing calculation is commonly used for this printing technique, e.g. price per color? Price per color, price per size, the type of the shirt is also affect the price - Which output file and requirements are needed for the printing technique (e.g. PDF: 300DPI, Format A1-5)? need a size, printing technique per elements, so every single image uploaded and text that wrote on the shirt have its individual parameter

What kind of products are you selling with Fancy Product Designer? Flags, banners, signs and stickers
Name the printing technique needed for your product range (e.g. DTG, Screen Printing etc.)! Digital print, DTG
Which image formats (svg, png, jpeg) are you using for this printing technique?  PDF, EPS, AI, SVG. All formats that supports vector, there are plugins with this feature so that is possible.
Which pricing calculation is commonly used for this printing technique, e.g. price per color? Price by size or fixed prices per products that include print.
Which output file and requirements are needed for the printing technique (e.g. PDF: 300DPI, Format A1-5)?  PDF or EPS, images in 300DPI

Login or Signup to post a comment