More flexible price for text and image

Posted almost 8 years ago by Bastien

Post a topic
Implemented
Bastien
Bastien

From our experience using Fancy Product Designer and based on the feedback we've been reading on the forum, it would make sense to add a few options to give users better flexibility in the pricing of Text and Image elements.

Allow Texts and Images to be charged only once

It would be great if users were able to add multiple text elements and just be charged once. If someone want to create a text with a regular curve on top and a reverse curve on the bottom (to put a logo in the middle for example), they are charged for two layers of text, which can add up pretty quickly to a lot of money. At some point, it does not necessarily represent more job to manufacture so we would like to be allow customers to create more freely without worrying too much about the price getting incredibly high if they work on a lot of layers.

Allow Texts and Images to have a "consecutive" price

Sometime we might want to still increase the price, but just a little bit. So if the user adds a logo, they are charged 50$, but if they add another one, it does not represent a much more difficult job to manufacture and it doesn't make sense to charge another 50$. If we were able to set the first Image (or Text) to be X$ and all other instances Y$, we could have a more coherent pricing for customers.

This feature would address the request of this user : http://support.fancyproductdesigner.com/support/discussions/topics/5000067701

Allow a maximum price cap per View

Lastly, it would be great to be able to set a maximum price cap for each view so that even if you charge for every text and image, and that you've set a lower price for consecutive instances, you might want to say : "Hey, at some point it really isn't any harder than this for us to do this job, so you might as well use as much layers as you want", without the customers being charged infinitely. That's where a price cap would be quite useful.

7 Votes

15 Comments

Sorted by
T

Teja posted about 3 years ago

I want to set pricing rule for text  like if I add text element first it should charge it, after that it should not increase price.

please help me 

0 Votes

rady kal

rady kal posted almost 7 years ago Admin

Since V3.4.5 you can set a maximum price for every view.

0 Votes

A

Andre B posted about 7 years ago

7up:
Would you mind explaining how and where you built this into the system? thank you so much,
Andre

0 Votes

7up posted over 7 years ago

#Erin Welker

hi, i am using calculation when price depense from elementsize. I create my calcprice() function which call every time when some element change:

$fpd.on('elementModify', function(evt, elem, param) {

setTimeout(function () {

calcPrice();

}, 300);

});

function getAllElements() {

var allElements = [];

for(var i=0; i < yourDesigner.viewInstances.length; ++i) {

allElements.push(yourDesigner.viewInstances[i].stage.getObjects());

}

return allElements;

}

function calcprice() {

getAllElements().forEach(function(views){ //foreach elements

views.forEach(function(e){

if(e.isCustom) {

var area = (e.width*e.scaleX) * (e.height*e.scaleY);

var areaPrice = area * 0.003; //for example price per pixel

price=parseFloat(areaPrice.toFixed(0));

e.area = area.toFixed(0);

}

if(e.price) {

totalPrice += e.price;

}

});

});

$('#price').html(totalPrice.toFixed(2));

}

for calculate total price when checkout i create function which each all elements and calculate total price.

This solution worked perfect for me. I can modify any price calculation method for any bais, for exaple printing on t-shirst calculating by formula1 and printing on mugs calculating by formula2.

0 Votes

#Erin Welker

hi, i am using calculation when price depense from elementsize. I create my calcprice() function which call every time when some element change:

$fpd.on('elementModify', function(evt, elem, param) {

setTimeout(function () {

calcPrice();

}, 300);

});

function getAllElements() {

var allElements = [];

for(var i=0; i < yourDesigner.viewInstances.length; ++i) {

allElements.push(yourDesigner.viewInstances[i].stage.getObjects());

}

return allElements;

}

function calcprice() {

getAllElements().forEach(function(views){ //foreach elements

views.forEach(function(e){

if(e.isCustom) {

var area = (e.width*e.scaleX) * (e.height*e.scaleY);

var areaPrice = area * 0.003; //for example price per pixel

price=parseFloat(areaPrice.toFixed(0));

e.area = area.toFixed(0);

}

if(e.price) {

totalPrice += e.price;

}

});

});

$('#price').html(totalPrice.toFixed(2));

}

for calculate total price when checkout i create function which each all elements and calculate total price.

This solution worked perfect for me. I can modify any price calculation method for any bais, for exaple printing on t-shirst calculating by formula1 and printing on mugs calculating by formula2.

0 Votes

E

Erin Welker posted over 7 years ago

#7up I am looking for a solution to have different prices for additional lines of text. If you can share I would greatly appreciate it!! 

0 Votes

i implement a similar solution when price of element depends of element size. It's work for me, but i can't understand how possible to share it officially. Can i share it on this forum? If somebody need this solution please write. Thanks.

0 Votes

R

Robin posted over 7 years ago

Awesome - thanks...

0 Votes

Bastien

Bastien posted over 7 years ago

We have modified the plugin to achieve this and will share our code with the plugin author.

Hopefully they will consider integrating the mod!

0 Votes

R

Robin posted over 7 years ago

Definitely would like the ability to set a maximum price for all design elements on each side of a t-shirt.....

0 Votes

D

David Fozdar posted over 7 years ago

Not yet. The latest thing I do is set the price to what I want it to be, but select the option not to display the "Add to Cart" button until the customer adds at least one element, image or text. It is somewhat a workaround, but not a fix.

Ideally, the price should start at 0.00 then go up to its final and constant price when the customer adds at least one element. The price of the item would not continue to increas every time the customer adds an additional element to the product stage. Hopefully this is only a minor fix, and not too hard to implement.

But, again, to answer your question, it has still not been added to my knowledge.

0 Votes

B

Ben posted over 7 years ago

has this been implemented?

0 Votes

Bastien

Bastien posted almost 8 years ago

Just wanted to add that while I mentioned Text and Image only, I was also referring to Designs.

Keeping our fingers crossed for an update with this.

0 Votes

D

David Fozdar posted almost 8 years ago

There needs to be an update with this. In many applications (probably most applications), the customer will be charged once when an initial element is added to the product, but not per instance a graphic or text field is added.

Also, I am still having to type in zero to the product price, which says the product is free even though the "Add to Cart" button hasn't appeared yet. This just looks goofy. It would be nice if simply had the option to turn off the word "Free".

0 Votes

D

David Fozdar posted almost 8 years ago

I agree with this. I just want to charge my customers once, i.e., after they add the initial graphical element (whether it is text or an image). All other elements don't increase the price.

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment