Answered
h
happy354

Activate Fancy Product Designer Plugin wordpress is very slow,

use theme is faltsome 

0 Votes

D

Deleted Agent posted over 8 years ago Best Answer

It should in general load quickly. The slowness is probably caused by your theme or another plugin. Sorry we can't really help you with this. Try using another theme and disabling other plugins.

0 Votes

9 Comments

Sorted by
T

Tech Tamarin posted 9 days ago

I am having problems with any page that needs to fill the mini-cart with data, and the product pages themselves, and I think it is due to having to read/write 350 kB of data to the metadata for each variation stored in the database. This is between the fpd_product and the fpd_product_thumbnail data used to power the application.

I also have many products and with 1-5 variations we are fine, 5-10 variations and we use a 10-second lag, 10-20 variations we jump to almost a minute, anything over 20 variations we hit the server timeout. I am building logic to send the fpd_data to the server once we close the FPD, but before we submit the order data just to lower the latency in the submission process, but this still does not fix the fact that we are storing over a Gigabyte of data on the server for 3 variations in the cart.

I cannot see how WP Rocket or other caching tools will help with this as this is raw data stored in the database that needs to be physically handled and then parsed with every iteration. Is there something we can do to get his process streamlined a bit more?

One option would be to create a table that hold the heavy data and only get the data for the FPD when it is needed, and then on the meta tables you can just store the id for the data.

Another way to do this is to break your massive objects into smaller pieces and save only the required details to the database and not a massive blob for the fpd_product. For the fpd_product_thumbnail, can you generate an image, store it on the server, and then just have that image referenced in every place the product image needs to be displayed with the FPD customizations? 

As it stands right now, we cannot scale our online store using your product, but with some modifications, we can grow quite well together. I am attaching the fpd data stored for just one of the cart items in the data base to show you what I am talking about as well.

Thank you for making a great product, I look forward to your response to this.

0 Votes

T

Tahir Metin posted about 1 year ago

i has more than 10.000 product and very very slow work fancy its opening fast when click customize button but background store page load or product page load its make slow fancy want make ready for customize when page open but its make so slow site

1 Votes

D

DomZub posted almost 3 years ago

I would suggest you, to load the designer in a new page.

Change the setting "Open Product Designer in..." to "In a new page...". 

That way, all FPD related files will only get loaded after client hits the customize button. 

And of course, disable "Global Product Designer".

If you want to speed up your site in general, use The WP Rocket Plugin.

0 Votes

g

gryadn posted almost 3 years ago

google cloud - 2 vCPUs, 8 GB memory.

performance is very good

0 Votes

Y

YURAYNE ALONSO posted almost 3 years ago

My website gets slower with every update, I already disabled all my plugins and tried with the Twentytewnty theme and the plugins are still slow, I really think you should do something to make it faster.

0 Votes

A

Angel Nanchev posted over 3 years ago

Hi Tatsuya 

You can check my suggestion here: https://support.fancyproductdesigner.com/support/discussions/topics/13000028011

It is not because of your theme, FPD plugin is just slow especially if you have many FPD resource files......This plugin loads all of its resources (ttf fonts, jpg files) every time the product page loads. It is amazing how the authors of the plugin can allow this fault. I do everything to optimize my website, to be able to rank higher but because of this plugin all my product pages are slow.

I really hope the author start to understand that one plugin to be really good, have to be SEO friendly. What is the point of having the best product designer plugin if I am loosing clients because google is pushing me down, because of slow product pages. I will wait for some time with the old version I have 3.8.4 (I saved it some time ago) to see if they get my suggestion seriously. If not I will start looking for alternatives.

1 Votes

t

tatsuya posted almost 4 years ago

Hi,i agree @happy354 ,

Is FPD slow with flatsome(wordpress theme)?

0 Votes

O

Olaf Kranz posted over 6 years ago

Ich habe das gleiche Problem sogar mit dem Standard Wordpress  Template.

GIBT ES denn mittlerweile eine Änderung ??? 

0 Votes

D

Deleted Agent posted over 8 years ago Answer

It should in general load quickly. The slowness is probably caused by your theme or another plugin. Sorry we can't really help you with this. Try using another theme and disabling other plugins.

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment