Better PDF support

Posted almost 9 years ago by james eltherinton

Post a topic
  • Topic is Locked
Implemented
j
james eltherinton

Better PDF creation would be a great addition to this plugin.

If it is to be taken seriously by the print industry, then the PDFs that are exported really need to have fonts embedded.

The whole point of an online designer is that it saves the Printer/Webstore owner time. If they have to recreate a product from scratch to send to print then its not really saving time.

Not a criticism, just my view as to where the plugin is lacking.

Overall a very, very good piece of software.

32 Votes

107 Comments

Sorted by
rady kal

rady kal posted almost 7 years ago Admin

The reason for the ADMIN solution I wrote down here: http://admin.fancyproductdesigner.com/#benefits

I am closing this topic now. If you are thinking ADMIN is still missing some important features for the export, please create a new topic and explain your desired features with all details:

• What kind of functionality and why do you need it?
  • For which industry do you need it (Print, Apparel etc.)?
  • Provide an example or a different solution, if possible.

Thank you.

0 Votes

a

alexus posted about 7 years ago

FPD made a great job. Thanks for a such good job guys. Just want to say thanks.

0 Votes

E

Etienne Renaud posted about 7 years ago

Here's a bug that we're having with the new admin.fancyproductdesigner.com:
The product below has a black (slate) background, and a transparent overlay, that represents a piece of flat glass.
A bounding box to the outline of the glass was configured as well, in a way to "cut" everything away that is outside the bounding box.

As you can see in this "configuration" there is a photo, a text (Ferd), and a vector graphics (the Heart), All individual Items have a rotation.

Since we want (need) to treat the photo, the text and the heart icon differently before production, we need to have them exported as indivual items.

So clicking on Single Element, selecting the photo, setting image format to PNG and checking use origin size [...] will export the image.
If it's not rotated, it exports correctly, however in this example, it is rotated, and the result is quite strange:

The rotation value seems to be correct, but the image's position is way off, unfortunately outside of the bounding box:

Other than this bug these export feature do enhance the "backend experience" a bit. As explained in my previous post above, I can not test the layered PDF feature.
However still missing is some sort of automation. We have to click a lot to export all individual layers, and since we can modify FPD itself, since we have the sourcecode, we would not be able to adapt this backend to our needs, since we don't have access to the source code.

I would love to hear from others, what they think.

Thanks
Etienne

0 Votes

E

Hello Everyone,

I tested the new tool a bit (via admin.fancyproductdesigner.com). How about anyone else?
It does indeed improve the export possibilities, even though I could not test the option with layered PDF (since Illustrator and Photoshop don't seem to be able to open layered PDFs) - did anyone else specifically test the layered PDF feature (especially those that were screaming for it?).

Also to my fellow FPD users - why do you keep asking Roddy for such a feature, if Radykal is already offering it?
What are your motivations to keep asking for a different solution? I am just curious.

I also would like to ask Radykal : Is there another specific reason why you are not wanting to hand out the Software, that is currently hosted under admin.fancyproductdesigner.com, besides the one that you have already given: possible compatibility issues on client's servers?
I am asking, because we have heavily modified FPD to fit our needs, and we would also like to be able to modify the export process, which we can't if we don't have access to it.
Would you be willing to still sell/license it (for a reasonable and fair price) for installation on our server, if we ask you to? (Of course we are willing to accept and sign any license agreement that allows us to use and modify the code for our own use).

Thanks
Etienne

0 Votes

F

Fred Fouillet posted about 7 years ago

Hi Roddy,

Just wanted to have some news :) 

0 Votes

t

the.rampage.rado posted about 7 years ago

Any news about this update?

0 Votes

R

Roddy Boyd posted about 7 years ago

Hi Everyone, sorry i have been busy with work and FPD customisations is a side project for me. I'm going through the process of undoing all my customisations (while playing around i have made changes to core files) and putting them into a plugin. it is taking a bit longer than i expected but it is on the way. sorry for the delay

0 Votes

a

Thanks for last update errors gone. Have some issues i think because my website https. Anyone else with https tested it? Now about pdf support. Roddy Boyd solution with pdf better. Man you still here? Or he in fpd team now?

0 Votes

M

Martijn Kerkdijk posted about 7 years ago

When activating the rest api plugin the site throws a internal server error 500. 

When deactivating the plugin i can see the links /wp-json/fpd/v1/order

0 Votes

rady kal

rady kal posted about 7 years ago Admin

I updated the Fancy Product Designer REST API plugin, now you can set a password with this plugin and you do not need the Application Passwords plugin anymore.

http://support.fancyproductdesigner.com/support/solutions/articles/13000026839-add-your-website

Update the Fancy Product Designer REST API plugin. Let me know if this helps.

0 Votes

E

@alexus I don't have many other plugins installed, but I do not have any issues with "application passwords", the issue was with the latest Fancy Product Designer version 3.4.1. As I write this, the problem has been fixed.

I am now getting ready to proceed with the Beta Test of "PDF Export"

0 Votes

a

I am sure that problem in Application Passwords plugin. I got a lots of errors in console. Looks like its conflict with other plugins. Maybe its better to use rest api from woocommerce?? You can set keys in settings of woocommerce too

0 Votes

E

Same for us here as well, we couldn't test the beta yet, as the latest version of FPD is causing an error. Waiting for a fix.

0 Votes

a

For me not working too. Got error in logs PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in plugins/application-passwords/class.application-passwords.php on line 292

0 Votes

J

Joao Figueiredo posted about 7 years ago

As far as it concerns me, I still haven't got the opportunity to test it since it messed up with my site. I am waiting until a solution is found...

0 Votes

nandovcia

nandovcia posted about 7 years ago

How does the beta work? Do you know anything else?

0 Votes

J

Javier Pintos posted about 7 years ago

Well.. I've purchased some days ago the plugin. I'm really happy with the way how the products can be customized BUT... the PDF output sucks... I need that the PDF exported have certain characteristiques.. and i can configure only a few settings.. Definitely the PDF outuput should be improved...

0 Votes

rady kal

If you have problems, please reply to the ticket and send me your login credentials for WP and Admin (http://admin.fancyproductdesigner.com/)

0 Votes

J

I can't make it work neither, still checking after what's wrong...

0 Votes

a

Any news about beta? I cant make it work. Somebody tested it?

0 Votes

a

I get that error in logs: Missing envariable expression for SetEnvIf

0 Votes

J

0 Votes

N

Nico Dela Cruz posted about 7 years ago

That's awesome! I'd be glad to participate.

0 Votes

rady kal

A new solution is waiting for you guys....but first we need your feedback in the beta stage. If you are interested to participate, please create a new ticket and select "Beta Testing" from the products dropdown. Do not forget to enter a correct purchase code as well.

After that you will get a link to access the beta.

0 Votes

a

Roddy you are really will be our hero:))))

0 Votes