Image transparency like in T-shirt demo

Posted almost 9 years ago by Ben Heinkel

Post a topic
Answered
B
Ben Heinkel

Hello,

I am trying to recreate the image transparency that I have seen in the T-shirt demo on the FPD website. I think there was some topics about this in the old forums but I have not seen anything here.

Can someone help ?

Thanks,

Ben

0 Votes

A

Adam Keen posted almost 9 years ago Best Answer

Hi Ben,

You can load the demo of the T-Shirt into FPD, see how it works, then you can see the layers in Fancy Products, view the layers separately as images by looking in your wordpress media and edit the images individually in photoshop  after downloading them to your desktop etc if you wanted to recreate it yourself.

0 Votes

16 Comments

Sorted by
R

Rosita Rodehüser posted almost 6 years ago

Hi Joe, I have the same problem, I do not know how to bring a transparecy into a t-shirt. 

"I think I made a copy of the original image, turned it grey scale and made the blending option screen. Next I used the color range selection tool, and selected the dark/shadows in the garment. I inverted the selection and masked that out. Then I dropped the opacity to 10 percent and saved the file (with the original image hidden) as a .png file. "

Is there a taturial in which this is explained?

0 Votes

L

Linda Long posted over 7 years ago

I had problems with the dulling of colors using Photoshop. The GIMP color to alpha took care of that problem for me. I seriously believe that is the best option for creating the overlay layer. go here you can see my colors are not changing at all....http://mymegagym.com/shop/ladies/chalkboard-t-shirt-ladies/  my base layer is a solid dark grey.

0 Votes

J

Joe Balazs posted over 7 years ago

One more thing, before I did all of that, I made a selection around the garment. I made a copy of that, not the whole original base layer, by pressing ctrl/J.

0 Votes

J

I think I made a copy of the original image, turned it grey scale and made the blending option screen. Next I used the color range selection tool, and selected the dark/shadows in the garment. I inverted the selection and masked that out. Then I dropped the opacity to 10 percent and saved the file (with the original image hidden) as a .png file. 

0 Votes

m

medmouncef posted over 7 years ago

Hi Joe !  ....and using Photoshop....Can you please explain how you do it ? Thak you.

0 Votes

J

Thanks, this helps, and I'm able to achieve this with both GIMP and using Photoshop...my thing is, the overlays seem to dull down the colors a lot.

0 Votes

T

TRIPLEJ posted over 7 years ago

Really useful Linda.

Thanks!

0 Votes

L

Linda Long posted over 7 years ago

Download and use GIMP. GIMP is free.

File, Open. Select your t-shirt PNG file (white) with transparent background.

Select Colors>Color to Alpha.

I used the defaults in the Color to Alpha box. Click OK.

File>Export As and save your file as an overlay name.

In FPD layers, I have the gray solid layer where the colors are assigned, then other overlay GIMP generated layer.

GIMP is the key here....Photoshop does not have Color to Alpha and you will spend more time trying to simulate that than just downloading GIMP and using that.

0 Votes

T

TRIPLEJ posted over 7 years ago

I have the same issue. I replace the images of the t-shirt demo, but the colorization does not work properly after that. Any idea?

0 Votes

m

medmouncef posted over 7 years ago

I too have found nothing. I tried several methods but without satisfactory results. Thanks!

0 Votes

A

Amy posted over 7 years ago

Did you find a tutorial on how to make the transparent t-shirt overlay? I'm looking for a tutorial as well. thanks!

0 Votes

G

Gary posted almost 9 years ago

But how do you actually make your own t-shirt transparent like the one in the demo? I don't want to use the t-shirt provided as I need to use my own, such as a Gildan mockup. I use Photoshop CC and if someone can point me to a tutorial on how to make that overlay t-shirt be transparent that would be great! Thank you! - Gary

0 Votes

D

David posted almost 9 years ago

go to:

wp-admin/admin.php?page=fancy_product_designer&info=updated

0 Votes

A

Adam Keen posted almost 9 years ago

You can load them through your Fancy Product Designer Ben.

0 Votes

B

Ben Heinkel posted almost 9 years ago

Thanks Adam. How do I load the demo of the T-shirt into FPD then ?

0 Votes

A

Adam Keen posted almost 9 years ago Answer

Hi Ben,

You can load the demo of the T-Shirt into FPD, see how it works, then you can see the layers in Fancy Products, view the layers separately as images by looking in your wordpress media and edit the images individually in photoshop  after downloading them to your desktop etc if you wanted to recreate it yourself.

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment