Business Card w/ Multiple templates

Posted about 7 years ago by Alexander Phaiboon

Post a topic
Answered
A
Alexander Phaiboon

I was wondering if there was a way I can use FPD for creating/using multiple templates for 1 product. 

These templates will have different field(s) placement. I have attached a screenshot of a couple templates I want to include...

Basically a client can choose the business card, choose which template, and then customize that template with their logo/name.

The issue is each template will have different upload fields/text fields in different locations. 

How can I achieve this without creating multiple products? Also, if I use different views as different templates, when the order is complete, it includes every single view. I just want it to include the template the user customized without having to manually look through 50+ templates. 

Attachments (1)

0 Votes

D

Deleted Agent posted about 7 years ago Best Answer

No, MSPC can only replace image layers within FPD, nothing more. The only way you could have different fields would be to us ethe swap product feature that comes with FPD, similar to this demo: http://fancyproductdesigner.com/product/hats/

you'd need to create one fancy product per template and then add them all (or a product category) to the source field on the WooCommerce edit product page. Also make sure the product module is active (UI & Layout Composer).

0 Votes

4 Comments

Sorted by
N

Nixon Eli posted over 6 years ago

This is exactly what I was looking for, going to do that first thing first,

0 Votes

D

Deleted Agent posted about 7 years ago Answer

No, MSPC can only replace image layers within FPD, nothing more. The only way you could have different fields would be to us ethe swap product feature that comes with FPD, similar to this demo: http://fancyproductdesigner.com/product/hats/

you'd need to create one fancy product per template and then add them all (or a product category) to the source field on the WooCommerce edit product page. Also make sure the product module is active (UI & Layout Composer).

0 Votes

A

Alexander Phaiboon posted about 7 years ago

I installed the MSPC and it looks like it could work, but now the custom fields per template?.... I don't think this is possible.

0 Votes

A

Alexander Phaiboon posted about 7 years ago

I took a look at multistep product configuration, would this work as my solution?

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment