Clean up /uploads/fancy_products_uploads/

Posted over 7 years ago by JoergH

Post a topic
Answered
J
JoergH

Hi there.

I have the problem that I have a lot of image uploads by customers, so my /uploads/fancy_products_uploads/ folder is well filled.

Is it save to delete the whole folder of the last year (/uploads/fancy_products_uploads/2015) or are there any dependencies to already completed orders?

Thank you so far!

0 Votes

D

Deleted Agent posted over 7 years ago Best Answer

As long as you don't need to process these orders anymore - then it is save to delete them, yes.

0 Votes

8 Comments

Sorted by
N

Nephilax posted about 3 years ago

Hi, sorry to hijack this post again, once i removed the images in the uploads/fancy_products_uploads folder, if my visitor uploaded an image earlier, once he visited my product link again, then in developer console will show 404 image not found errors. Any way to clear the visitor browser to not show the previous uploaded images?

0 Votes

rady kal

rady kal posted over 4 years ago Admin

It just holds images and you can delete the folder if you do not need them anymore. if you get any server warning, you need to contact your provider.

0 Votes

A

Arnika Bhupal posted over 4 years ago

Hi,

I am trying to clean up this folder too: /uploads/fancy_products_uploads/ as it is taking up too much space.

When I delete the contents of 2017, i get a 503 service unavailable message on the website. Is it not safe to delete the whole folder? Should i go through and delete the uploads separately?

thanks 

0 Votes

rady kal

rady kal posted about 5 years ago Admin

You can open a feature request in our feature request forum so we can keep it in mind for further updates. https://support.fancyproductdesigner.com/support/discussions/forums/5000217737

0 Votes

F

Felix Hirschfeld posted about 5 years ago

Would you like to implement some thing like "Delete uploaded media after 30 days" or "delete on completed order" or make it available as dropdown in order overview and/or single order?

best wished,

Felix

0 Votes

D

Deleted Agent posted over 7 years ago

I'm fairly certain that that should be no problem. You can simply test this yourself though to make sure: Create a new order yourself then go ahead and delete the image uploads for that order. Then take a look at the order via the viewer - you'll see whether it's working or not - it should i think only throw an error message once you try to load the order data for fpd.

0 Votes

J

JoergH posted over 7 years ago

OK, but the orders itself (customer data, articles, prices) won't be affected when deleting the image data?

I still need the order data for billing reasons.

Thank you for your support!

0 Votes

D

Deleted Agent posted over 7 years ago Answer

As long as you don't need to process these orders anymore - then it is save to delete them, yes.

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment