Double Clicking Doesn't Edit Curved Text

Posted over 7 years ago by Dallin Cooper

Post a topic
Answered
D
Dallin Cooper

I have my curved text set to be editable, but you have to use this obscure little button on the bar to edit it, which a customer will never figure out. Normal text can be edited by double clicking on it. Why isn't this the case with curved text?

0 Votes

D

Deleted Agent posted over 7 years ago Best Answer

That's because the externally developed code for the curved text does not support the double click edit. We are waiting for a better implementation that will allow this and will add it as soon as it's available.

0 Votes

16 Comments

Sorted by
V

Vrout posted over 6 years ago

Hi! 

Is there any news on this problem for curved text not editable when double clicking please ? 

Can I still use Oval's solution on previous page ?

Thanks

0 Votes

d

divij posted almost 7 years ago

To modify it for normal text, just change the following line: 

if(b != null && typeof b.editable !="undefined" && b.editable == true)

0 Votes

d

@Oval - Thanks for the code. will try it and let you know. How to make this work for Normal text as well?

0 Votes

O

Oval posted almost 7 years ago

divij

ok i dived in to it a bit deeper and here the full solution:

1. Install Simple Custom CSS and JS plugin directly from Wordpress

2. Add Javascript file in it:

jQuery(document).ready(function(){
  jQuery(window).load(function() {
    if(typeof fancyProductDesigner !="undefined")
  {
    setTimeout( function(){
  $('[id^=fancy-product-designer-]').eq(0).on('elementSelect', function(a,b)
   {                                   
    if(b != null && typeof b.curved !="undefined" && b.curved == true) $('.fpd-icon-text-input').eq(0).click()
    })
    }, 150);

} 
})})

This must be stable after upgrading FancyProductDesigner and will works with upload zones as well.

0 Votes

d

@Oval - There's a major issue with this workaround, clicking on non-text elements also opens up the edit text box. 

0 Votes

d

@Oval - Thanks a lot for your help. I will let you know if I figure out a way to place it externally. 

0 Votes

O

it is very hard with minified js files - a lot of anonymous like variables and functions which can change their names in versions.

I made some perl automation for patching this files.  

0 Votes

d

@Oval - Thanks, it's working now. Is there any way to place it externally in between script tags and place it on the page? That would be more sustainable as we wouldn't have to modify the FPD js files every time after an update.

0 Votes

O

Hi divij.

The plain text is the place you need to search where you need to insert new bold text.

So reinstall plugin if it broken and try again.

Note - last brace is not bold!

0 Votes

d

@Oval - Hi, Where exactly in the file do I need to place this code - i.mainBar.toggleUploadZonePanel(!1)),i.toolbar.update(b),B(b),$('.fpd-icon-text-input').eq(0).click()}

When I add the code, the plugin stops working. What's the exact position where we need to place this code?

0 Votes

Oktay Acikalin

Oktay Acikalin posted about 7 years ago

@Oval could you message me in our chat widget at https://www.screenart.media ?

0 Votes

O

Oval posted about 7 years ago

a bit workaround for more clear curved text editing 

in file FancyProductDesigner-all.min.js add:

i.mainBar.toggleUploadZonePanel(!1)),i.toolbar.update(b),B(b),$('.fpd-icon-text-input').eq(0).click()}

this force to click on EditTextTool button after click on curved text, so the customer can see where to edit text.

0 Votes

O

Ok, how about if all modules excluded besides "Edit Tex", and clicking on curved text, edited text will appears in an input field w/o need to click on "Edit Text" button?

This would  be far clear for the customers.

0 Votes

D

Deleted Agent posted about 7 years ago

No, unfortunately not. Fabrics.js does still not support this.

0 Votes

O

any news on this please?

0 Votes

D

Deleted Agent posted over 7 years ago Answer

That's because the externally developed code for the curved text does not support the double click edit. We are waiting for a better implementation that will allow this and will add it as soon as it's available.

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment