FPD and currency switcher

Posted almost 8 years ago by Jakcson

Post a topic
Answered
J
Jakcson

Howdy,

my client loves FPD but wants a currency switcher  as well. Problem is that the switchers display total price on single product pages in basic currency set in woocommerce. The price is calculated properly in the cart screen though.

My guess it has something to do with custom price handlers of FPD (adding costs for colors, layers, images etc.) and how it calculates and display the total.  Any suggestions, tips, solutions?

I tried 2 switchers so far, both had the same problem:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-currency-switcher

https://wordpress.org/plugins/woo-multi-currency

Help would be much appreciated, thanks!

0 Votes

J

Jakcson posted almost 8 years ago Best Answer

Hmm seems the _setTotalPrice()  function in class-frontend-product.php is the culprit but I'm yet to figure out what to do about it.

0 Votes

6 Comments

Sorted by
J

Johnny Teo posted over 1 year ago

I face a similar issue where my default currency from add to cart to checkout is correct. However if I change to another currency say GBP - it converts twice which means that I will be making a loss. 

What Brent S said about putting // infront of the two lines is sufficient to allow the multi currency converter to work only once as desired. 

However, it does not allow a thumbnail of your customised image to form. That is very important to actually customise the product. Has anyone had any luck regarding multi currency converters? 

I read on another forum here that Aelia currency switcher helped - definitely did not work for me. This is quite frustrating considering that this is an issue that has been ongoing 6+ yrs

0 Votes

B

Brent S posted almost 4 years ago

You need to remove these lines from class-wc-cart.php and it works for me.

//add additional [fpd_data]([fpd_product],[fpd_price]) to cart item

add_filter( 'woocommerce_add_cart_item_data', array(&$this, 'add_cart_item_data'), 10, 2 );

add_filter( 'woocommerce_add_cart_item', array(&$this, 'add_cart_item'), 10 );

1 Votes

B

Brent posted over 6 years ago

Bump

0 Votes

B

Brent posted over 6 years ago

Hi, has this ever been fixed?

0 Votes

B

Brent posted almost 7 years ago

Hi, I have the same issue. Was this ever resolved?

Thanks

0 Votes

J

Jakcson posted almost 8 years ago Answer

Hmm seems the _setTotalPrice()  function in class-frontend-product.php is the culprit but I'm yet to figure out what to do about it.

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment