Changing stage size for variable products with the multi-step product configurator (MSPC)

Posted almost 8 years ago by David Fozdar

Post a topic
Implemented
D
David Fozdar

Using the MSPC, I don't see how it is possible to change the stage size for each variation of a variable product. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that the MSPC only changes/replaces images on a set canvas/stage size (stage size set in the individual product settings). This presents a problem to me if this is, indeed, the case.

My products come in different sizes. I have to create a separate fancy product for each size, i.e., so I can change the canvas/stage size for each variation in the individual product settings.

I also have a situation where my products can be printed in two orientations, portrait or landscape. I create separate fancy products for each orientation, again, so I can set separate stage sizes for each orientation.

The goal of the MSPC is to integrate the Woocommerce variable product interface with the FPD customization. Thus, from my point of view, I think a necessary upgrade to the MSPC is to allow the attachment of a separate fancy product to each variation of a variable product.

-Dr. Foz

3 Votes

6 Comments

Sorted by
D

Danny Ashmore posted over 1 year ago

Did you find a solution to this guys? I (think) I have the same issue where I have the same product printable in different sizes. Ideally I don't want to have to create multiple products that are the same other than export dimensions. I have 0 bleed so technically it should be possible to just reduce the 'print size' for a variation. 

Thanks

0 Votes

rady kal

rady kal posted over 6 years ago Admin

Since V3.4.3 you can load a different fancy product for each variation that you made, so this can also be used with MSPC.

0 Votes

L

Lucky Adirake posted almost 7 years ago

The goal of the MSPC is to integrate the Woocommerce variable product interface with the FPD customization. Thus, from my point of view, I think a necessary upgrade to the MSPC is to allow the attachment of a separate fancy product to each variation of a variable product.

- Mentioned above

Has this been implemented ? Really struggling getting this solved

0 Votes

R

René posted almost 7 years ago

Is there already a solution? We have the same problem.

0 Votes

B

Benoit B posted almost 8 years ago

I have the same problem and i don't understand why this fonctionnality isn't implant.

On the FDP Demo there is poster with A1, A2, A3 and A4 size, but the FDP canvas doesn't change, while to print a poster, a dimensions are very important!

Maybe an update in the futur.

(sorry for my english, i'm french)

0 Votes

D

David Fozdar posted almost 8 years ago

I hope this gets changed, because I see this as being necessary.

In other words, I have one product that (1) comes in different sizes and (2) can have different orientations per size. On top of this, my image upload requirements (resolution) change based on my product size. So, using the MSPC, it only seems logical that I have the options to change the stage size and image upload requirements for each variation. To my knowledge, you cannot adjust these parameters (among others) for each variation using the MSPC. That doesn't make sense to me.

Right now, I am still having to make separate fancy products for every size and product orientation, i.e., because I cannot change the stage size or image upload requirements per variation. It is very tedious.

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment