Limiting text options

Posted about 8 years ago by Laurie Williams

Post a topic
Answered
L
Laurie Williams

I really like this tool.  I purchased it to design labels.  However, I need to limit the users ability to change the font size, color, etc.  I just want them to type in the text they want only.  I want to control the size and style of the font.  I can't seem to do this. 

Also, when I set the modifications so that they are not draggable or movable.  the settings keep switching back to "yes".

Please advise. 

Thanks!

1 Votes

R

Rhiannon Doyle posted about 8 years ago Admin Best Answer

The latest update 3.01 fixes the settings not saving issue.

There aren;t specific settings to limit frontend editing but you could just hide the tools you don't need. For example if you didn;t want to let them change font family, you would add to your custom css:

.fpd-tool-font-family {display:none;} - you might need to an !important depending on your setup.

0 Votes

5 Comments

Sorted by
L

Laurie Williams posted about 8 years ago

Done. Thanks.  This seems to be working for me.   

0 Votes

R

Rhiannon Doyle posted about 8 years ago Admin

If you have access to your files via ftp (or if you are developing locally) then you can do the following:

1) Rename the current fancy-product-designer folder in /plugins to fancy-product-designer.bk just in case you've made any changes or need to roll back.

2) Download new version from Codecanyon and add it to your /plugins folder.

0 Votes

L

Laurie Williams posted about 8 years ago

Thank you!   I have 3.0.0 installed wiht a product set up. What is the best method for updating?

0 Votes

R

Rhiannon Doyle posted about 8 years ago Admin Answer

The latest update 3.01 fixes the settings not saving issue.

There aren;t specific settings to limit frontend editing but you could just hide the tools you don't need. For example if you didn;t want to let them change font family, you would add to your custom css:

.fpd-tool-font-family {display:none;} - you might need to an !important depending on your setup.

0 Votes

M

Matthew Payne posted about 8 years ago

I'm also interested to know if this is possible.

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment