thumbnail of personalized products in cart

Posted about 8 years ago by Thomas Albrecht

Post a topic
Answered
T
Thomas Albrecht

It would be very usefull for the customer if he sees a thumb of his personalized products during the checkout process. Right now he only sees the product image.

0 Votes

rady kal

rady kal posted about 8 years ago Admin Best Answer

I notice that its not working anymore in my demo site as well. I will fix that with the next update.

0 Votes

29 Comments

Sorted by
rady kal

rady kal posted almost 5 years ago Admin

Please open a support ticket so we can have a closer look at your issue. 

0 Votes

A

Abe Wyse posted almost 5 years ago

Has this issue ever been resolved? I am running the latest FPD and WooCommerce is up to date. I use the 'customized product' for 'Add to cart. Load...' option, 'Update product' is set to yes in the Product Page Options, and in the Cart Options, 'Customized Product Thumbnail' is set to 'Yes' and it is still not showing up. See Attached screenshots.

lk

0 Votes

J

Javier Neira posted about 7 years ago

Hi there guys. I'm stucked in some kind of same problem. When I customize a product, it appears on the checkout...but it does not replace the "featured product image" that would be what I am looking for. Any idea on how to fix this? Thanks. 

0 Votes

J

Jason posted almost 8 years ago

My custom image is changing and looks nice in /cart/ page.. But It is not updating the mini cart drop down thumb!

What is the fix for this Johnny ?

Thank you

Jason

0 Votes

J

Joseph Mansfield posted almost 8 years ago

any news on this? the snippet didn't work for me

0 Votes

T

Thierry Rey posted about 8 years ago

Yeah... I'm starting to worry. Maybe should we write to the support directly via email... :)

0 Votes

K

Kasper posted about 8 years ago

A month without any reply or solution from the dev, good work on the customer support

1 Votes

i

imax posted about 8 years ago

+1

I think this feature is very very important and it is not working

1 Votes

T

Yes, time is running. I have a prototype a client is beta testing and I will really need a fix to this issue before going in production. Thanks a lot for a working quick fix at least :)

0 Votes

K

I think this feature is very very important and it is not working now... And I'm not sure when the new version will be there but now this is costing me and others here money

0 Votes

T

Thomas Albrecht posted about 8 years ago

Any news on that?

0 Votes

T

Hey! Thanks for the snippets, but unfortunately, I'm getting an error on the page. 

It would be much appreciated if you could have a new look at your code and share a new working one :)

Or let us know approximately when the update is coming.

Right now, I'm overriding the thumbnails of every product on the category page with CSS... not very convenient.

Thanks a lot!

0 Votes

T

Doens't work for me neither.

0 Votes

R

Raúl posted about 8 years ago

Same here. When I add a product to cart, I get blank pages. Theme isn't overwriting any woocommerce part, only 'wrap start' disposition in single product pages. All Woocommerce templates are originals...

0 Votes

S

STELIAN CORBUT posted about 8 years ago

Rafael Dery, your new function change_cart_item_thumbnail works, the image is changed in chart. 

I continue to have a problem and wait for a solution to change product image after design is done. I use Wordpress 4.4.1, Woocommerce 2.5.2, Betheme 11.4 Shop theme, Fancy Produc Designer 2.2.4 . Thank you.

0 Votes

S

STELIAN CORBUT posted about 8 years ago

I have the same problem. Not changing product image after design is done and not changing image in cart... Thank you for answer.

0 Votes

K

I am not sure if i am doing this right but the cart page stays empty with the theme i am using but also the 2014 and  2015 themes...

0 Votes

K

When i do that my cart page stays empty (white)

0 Votes

rady kal

rady kal posted about 8 years ago Admin

For those who do not want for the update, here is a quick fix.

1. Open inc/class-cart.php 

2. Replace the change_cart_item_thumbnail with this code:

public function change_cart_item_thumbnail( $thumbnail, $cart_item=null ) {

if( !is_null($cart_item) && isset($cart_item['fpd_data']) ) {

$fpd_data = $cart_item['fpd_data'];

//check if data contains the fancy product thumbnail
        if ( isset($fpd_data['fpd_product_thumbnail']) && $fpd_data['fpd_product_thumbnail']) {

$dom = new DOMDocument;
			libxml_use_internal_errors(true);
			$dom->loadHTML( $thumbnail );
			$xpath = new DOMXPath( $dom );
			libxml_clear_errors();
			$doc = $dom->getElementsByTagName("img")->item(0);
			$src = $xpath->query(".//@src");
			$srcset = $xpath->query(".//@srcset");

$src[0]->nodeValue = $fpd_data['fpd_product_thumbnail'];
			$srcset[0]->nodeValue = $fpd_data['fpd_product_thumbnail'];

return $dom->saveXML( $doc );

}

}

return $thumbnail;

}

0 Votes

R

Thanks for the job, man. Waiting for the update, certainly it is a very important feature...

0 Votes

T

Hey! Thanks for the update on this.

Do you already have an idea when the update is coming?

I'm working on a prototype for a client and He's asking for a preview in the cart, so the customer is sure have to correct product.

Thanks and have a great day!

0 Votes

T

Great! Looking forward for the update.

0 Votes

rady kal

rady kal posted about 8 years ago Admin Answer

I notice that its not working anymore in my demo site as well. I will fix that with the next update.

0 Votes

T

Thank's Raúl, that tweak also works for me now. Unfortunately there is no product photo anymore.

0 Votes

R

Solved in my case. Need to remove image product. When I was inspecting the thumbnail under firebug, I seen that img sorce was the designed product, but thumbail still original image product!!! When I removed that product image, then show the fancy image :/

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment