View Fancy Designer Products in My Account - WooCommerce

Posted about 8 years ago by John Simmons

Post a topic
Implemented
J
John Simmons

When one of my customers designs a Fancy Designer product and then orders this product, they do not have the ability to view an editable version in their account. They can see that they placed an order, but if they want to reorder they would have to go in and recreate the card. I would like them to view their design inside of their account under past orders so that all they have to do is reorder or they could make a slight change to an existing design. This is a KEY feature in my mind.

18 Votes

32 Comments

Sorted by
J

Javier Pintos posted almost 7 years ago

Thanks so much Bill!!!!

0 Votes

P

PARITOSH PANT posted about 7 years ago

Can customers upload images from their social media accounts?

0 Votes

B

Bill Bowman posted about 7 years ago

My pleasure, happy to pay it forward. I know what it's like, looking for that needle in a haystack. Enjoy! I'll checkout Flatsome, sounds really good! Reviews look good too. I've had luck with Enfold. Tried Jupiter, which gets an A+ for design and responsive customization per device, but their caching throws all kinds of deprecated CSS errors in the console. Thanks Fancy Product Designer for your thoroughness in concept to reality and a great product! I'm a bowmandesign.com if you need anything or want to chat themes outside of FPDs forum. Best and much success!

0 Votes

J

Jelmer de Jong posted about 7 years ago

The fix worked! Thank you very much, Bill!

0 Votes

J

Hi Bill, thanks for being kind enough to share the solution. I'm very grateful. 

I second what you say about Avada. My next site has been built with Flatsome and I'm very happy about that theme. 

I'll implement the change! Thanks again!

Take care,

Jelmer

0 Votes

B

Bill Bowman posted about 7 years ago

Hi Jelmer de Jong,

I have a fix attached.

Avada customizes and skins WooCommerce by extracting many functions into a custom config/php file. This makes it hard to leverage all functions if forgotten within the customization. Avada was kind enough to send a fix and added it to their dev cycle to include in a new release.

While the Avada theme is a good looking theme, I found it and the Fusion builder to be too slow.

Enjoy the attached fix! Replace the woo-config.php file, found here, /wp-content/themes/Avada/includes/woo-config.php

--

This is from Avada,

We add a custom order details page, which was conflicting with the way the plugin changes the product ID in the link.

I have edited this in our woo-config.php file, by adding the avada_woocommerce_view_order function.

--

The Avada fix only addresses showing the user their previously purchased customization if a user clicks, My Account/ My Orders/ View Customized Product/ Customize

It does not address showing the customized thumbnail in the My Account/My Orders & the product detail page sections. 

The user has to click through, My Account/ My Orders/ View Customized Product/ Customize

Take care,

Bill

0 Votes

J

@Bill Bowman, I have the same problem with Avada. Did you figure it out in the end?

0 Votes

B

Bill Bowman posted over 7 years ago

Through a series of tests, turning off various plugins and themes, I was able to get it to work with the generic Wordpress theme, Twenty Sixteen. Plugins were not the problem.

The problem does persists with the theme, Avada.

Problem:

Clicking 'View Customized Product' in the My Account/Recent Orders/View/View Customized Product takes the user to that product, when they click 'Customize' it defaults to the generic product, not their previously customized order.

There are no errors thrown in the console.

My first thought was that Avada provides design variations, i.e. out of the box, the woo commerce pages default to cart-2, checkout-2, my-account-2. I made sure all the pages were labeled without the -2, just in case it was hard coded somewhere. This did not do the trick.

It's tough to test, still hunting.

I saw that a few folks mentioned the theme's Jquery could be fighting it, but can't find any errors yet.

0 Votes

B

Bill Bowman posted over 7 years ago

This is great news that this feature does exist. Having the customize button in the order history is great! Even labeled 'Re-order' would be even better!

Can you speed up our trouble shooting if our link only takes our users to a 'do over' customization from scratch, the saved customization does not show up.

Any known conflicts?

Thanks,

0 Votes

P

Patrice Khalifa posted over 7 years ago

Perhaps I need to create another feature request as it's not exactly the same ?

0 Votes

P

Hi Radykal,

for me, the important feature which is still missing is the image of the designed product in the checkout process, like it's in the cart : Some customers are thinking their image is not recorded as the checkout process doesn't show their image. 

Better : a image used instead of the product's image for order's emails.

I can say customers are calling to be reassured about their image well recorded. So, I can imagine peoples who don't call and don't order.

Regards

0 Votes

J

Jelmer de Jong posted over 7 years ago

Ok, that is fantastic. I was not aware of this. My apologies. Thanks for your response, Radykal.

0 Votes

J

Joao Figueiredo posted over 7 years ago

I completely apologize for my previous comment. This is great news :)

0 Votes

rady kal

rady kal posted over 7 years ago Admin

The demo is showing the account and the loaded product is from the order which is saved in the database, so this is not temporarily saved.

0 Votes

J

Joao Figueiredo posted over 7 years ago

True but works are not saved after the window is closed. Would be perfect if the works could be saved on the user's account for further edition or even future orders. If this is already possible then I completely missed it...

0 Votes

rady kal

rady kal posted over 7 years ago Admin

Please view this screencast, this is already possible. http://recordit.co/Xo7DCBJyoJ

0 Votes

G

Gabe10128 posted over 7 years ago

+1  It is an essential part of the order process being able to at least view (static image) of the decorated product after completing the purchase and I agree that it is a rather important feature that should be available through the My Account > Orders section

0 Votes

P

@Jelmer : Yes, it's confusing for the people to not view the picture like they have ordered it in their account, order's emails, etc. 

They write or call our support service to indicate there's an error in their order : the image is not what they want ! We have to explain them it's not what they'll receive, but their creation is saved on OUR side (only)...

0 Votes

J

Jelmer de Jong posted over 7 years ago

@Patricia: Same here, it's confusing that they cannot look at their personalized product in their account.

Plus, it seems that the designs are only saved in a cookie in the customer's browser. If they delete cookies or use a different computer, they can not look at their saved designs? 

I think it would be ideal if the saved design would be saved on the server and that they'd be able to look at it, before ordering even, in their account. 

0 Votes

P

Hi,

I can again confirm it's a needed feature : we have problems with customers thinking their order isn't well recorded as the order details show the product's picture instead of their personalized creation... and it's not a rare case but a very regular problem.

Having the preview image saved instead will be a perfect solution. Even as a "plus" add-on I will be glad to acquire it.

Thank you.

Best Regards

0 Votes

I

Ilona posted over 7 years ago

Great feature, I am all for it!

0 Votes

E

Edward Concepcion posted over 7 years ago

Agree, this would be a great feature.  Thanks

0 Votes

j

jayvee posted almost 8 years ago

I'd be willing to create this.  I will report back with my findings. 

0 Votes

J

Jeremy Skinner posted almost 8 years ago

We need this option!

0 Votes

J

Joao Figueiredo posted almost 8 years ago

I like this idea because it would encourage people to buy more! Let's say one does a calender with friends and family pics and orders 2 of them. Next day they have a family meeting and there are more people interested in getting the exact same calender. There is no option to order the exact same calender with the exact same customization which discourages people of spending more money on the site because they would have to go through all the trouble one more time. Having the possibility to save works would be a huge step into perfection and would increase the money people spend on our websites.

This could also open the door to this.

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment